Welcome to FamilyArbitrator
FamilyArbitrator aims to promote informed understanding of family arbitration principles and to encourage the use of family arbitration as a form of private dispute resolution in finance-related family cases.
FamilyArbitrator was established by Sir Peter Singer, Gavin Smith and Rhys Taylor, and we have since been joined by Andrzej Bojarski. We are all experienced family law specialists, qualified arbitrators and Members of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, available to help resolve financial disputes of all types by making awards under the IFLA family law arbitration Scheme.
- Nov 28 2014 Fixed fees and windmills... (read more)
- Nov 26 2014 Practical family arbitration guidance updated for Resolution Dispute Resolution Week... (read more)
- Nov 24 2014 More tools for the arbitrator’s toolkit: Pre-engagement questionnaire and first meeting checklist.... (read more)
- Nov 12 2014 Who'll stand a round of fixed fees all round: reflections on Mostyn J's judgment in J v J... (read more)
- Aug 26 2014 The Financial Remedies Working Group Consultation on proposals for Arbitration... (read more)
FamilyArbitrator Twitter Feed
Click here to read our Overview, a short guide to the family arbitration scheme.
Click here to read our 20-step Procedural Summary.
Nigel Shepherd, a solicitor at Mills and Reeve, explains how family arbitration works.