Welcome to FamilyArbitrator
FamilyArbitrator aims to promote informed understanding of family arbitration principles and to encourage the use of family arbitration as a form of private dispute resolution in finance-related family cases.
FamilyArbitrator was established by Sir Peter Singer, Gavin Smith and Rhys Taylor, and we have since been joined by Andrzej Bojarski. We are all experienced family law specialists, qualified arbitrators and Members of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, available to help resolve financial disputes of all types by making awards under the IFLA family law arbitration Scheme.
- Mar 2 2015 FIXED FEE ARBITRATION – resolve a fully contested dispute for global fees of less than £12,500 plus VAT per party?... (read more)
- Feb 10 2015 IFLA Arbitration Terms and Conditions document: a suggested smorgasbord?... (read more)
- Jan 28 2015 The Final Report of the Financial Remedies Working Group... (read more)
- Dec 9 2014 Practice Direction 27A: the PD of unintended consequences?... (read more)
- Dec 2 2014 Arbitration and Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 Proceedings... (read more)
FamilyArbitrator Twitter Feed
Click here to read our Overview, a short guide to the family arbitration scheme.
Click here to read our 20-step Procedural Summary.
Nigel Shepherd, a solicitor at Mills and Reeve, explains how family arbitration works.