Welcome to FamilyArbitrator
FamilyArbitrator aims to promote informed understanding of family arbitration principles and to encourage the use of family arbitration as a form of private dispute resolution in finance-related family cases.
FamilyArbitrator was established by Sir Peter Singer, Gavin Smith and Rhys Taylor, and we have since been joined by Andrzej Bojarski, James Pirrie and Felicity Shedden. We are all experienced family law specialists, qualified arbitrators and Members of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, available to help resolve financial disputes of all types by making awards under the IFLA family law arbitration Scheme.
- Jul 8 2015 Non-Court Circular... (read more)
- Jul 7 2015 Bar Council Guidance clarifies a potential conflict scenario... (read more)
- Jul 2 2015 Revised Statement: Efficient Conduct of HCJ Allocated Financial Remedy Hearings Wherever Sitting... (read more)
- Apr 7 2015 Updated @eGlance Commentary on arbitration is available... (read more)
- Mar 23 2015 Revised IFLA Rules and application Form ARB1 published... (read more)
FamilyArbitrator Twitter Feed
Click here to read our Overview, a short guide to the family arbitration scheme.
Click here to read our 20-step Procedural Summary.
Nigel Shepherd, a solicitor at Mills and Reeve, explains how family arbitration works.