Welcome to FamilyArbitrator
FamilyArbitrator aims to promote informed understanding of family arbitration principles and to encourage the use of family arbitration as a form of private dispute resolution in finance-related family cases.
FamilyArbitrator was established by Sir Peter Singer, Gavin Smith and Rhys Taylor, and we have since been joined by Andrzej Bojarski, James Pirrie and Felicity Shedden. We are all experienced family law specialists, qualified arbitrators and Members of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, available to help resolve financial disputes of all types by making awards under the IFLA family law arbitration Scheme.
- Nov 24 2015 President's Practice Guidance... (read more)
- Nov 23 2015 A Resolution for DR Week... (read more)
- Nov 10 2015 Updated @eGlance Commentary on arbitration is available... (read more)
- Sep 29 2015 Guidance on applications for consent orders... (read more)
- Jul 8 2015 Non-Court Circular... (read more)
FamilyArbitrator Twitter Feed
Click here to read our Overview, a short guide to the family arbitration scheme.
Click here to read our 20-step Procedural Summary.
Nigel Shepherd, a solicitor at Mills and Reeve, explains how family arbitration works.