Welcome to FamilyArbitrator
FamilyArbitrator aims to promote informed understanding of family arbitration principles and to encourage the use of family arbitration as a form of private dispute resolution in finance-related family cases.
FamilyArbitrator was established by Sir Peter Singer, Gavin Smith and Rhys Taylor, and we have since been joined by Andrzej Bojarski, James Pirrie and Felicity Shedden. We are all experienced family law specialists, qualified arbitrators and Members of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, available to help resolve financial disputes of all types by making awards under the IFLA family law arbitration Scheme.
- Jul 22 2016 Child dispute determinations without MIAMs... (read more)
- May 24 2016 The most recently updated @eGlance Commentary on arbitration is now available... (read more)
- Apr 19 2016 Thoughtful contributions ...... (read more)
- Mar 2 2016 Arbitration is moving mainstream... (read more)
- Feb 15 2016 The most recently updated @eGlance Commentary on arbitration is now available... (read more)
FamilyArbitrator Twitter Feed
Click here to read our Overview, a short guide to the family arbitration scheme.
Click here to read our 20-step Procedural Summary.
Nigel Shepherd, a solicitor at Mills and Reeve, explains how family arbitration works.