Welcome to FamilyArbitrator
FamilyArbitrator aims to promote informed understanding of family arbitration principles and to encourage the use of family arbitration as a form of private dispute resolution in finance-related family cases.
FamilyArbitrator was established by Sir Peter Singer, Gavin Smith and Rhys Taylor. We are all experienced family law specialists, qualified arbitrators and Members of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, available to help resolve financial disputes of all types by making awards under the IFLA family law arbitration Scheme.
Latest FamilyArbitrator News
- Mar 17 2014 Free Webinar Discussing How Arbitration Works... (read more)
- Feb 12 2014 Revised 2014 editions of the IFLA Scheme Rules and of arbitration agreement Form ARB1 have been published... (read more)
- Feb 11 2014 The IFLA Arbitration Scheme: Extracts from the @eGlance Commentary on FPR 2010 Part 3: Alternative Dispute Resolution... (read more)
- Feb 11 2014 First hand and personal perspectives on an IFLA Arbitration: The S v S Tales... (read more)
- Jan 14 2014 IFLA Arbitration Works!... (read more)
Latest FamilyArbitrator Discussions
Click here to read our Overview, a short guide to the family arbitration scheme.
Click here to read our 20-step Procedural Summary.
Nigel Shepherd, a solicitor at Mills and Reeve, explains how family arbitration works.